10.31.2004

A new blog entry. wow.

I simply do not understand where the time goes. Becca and I have been here 3 months now, I've been in seminary for 2, and it feels like we just moved in. I keep meaning to blog regularly but I obviously am not keeping things up to date very well. Seriously, if I haven't updated in a week or so complain and I'll try and at least write something. Here's a poem/song I wrote for my Living in God's Presence class a few weeks back...we had to write a poem based on a psalm. It didn't have to be good. :)


The light in Your eyes,
The smile on Your face,
The laughter I hear in Your voice,
Lord, how could I help
But to shout out Your praise,
To rejoice in the Source of all joy?

You will make known to me the path of life, the path of life,
And in Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures, Lord, forevermore,
For in Your presence is fullness of joy…

Now rejoicing with You,
As You rejoice over me,
Lord, how could I ever have known,
That You are the One,
Who, when Your lost ones are found,
Exults while Your angels look on?

How could I help but smile when I see Your face,
when I see Your face?
How could I help but laugh when I hear Your voice,
when I hear Your voice?
How could I help but dance and lift up my hands,
and lift up my hands?
When You rejoice over me with such joy?

5 comments:

joelman said...

Time flies when you're having fun.

Well, what can I say except that you guys can't laugh at us yet for getting the crappy cold weather, the mercury was pushing 80° on Friday! Woo! Odd weather for BG, and then the clouds lifted and the friggin' winds ripped across the county, they even ripped 2/3 of one of the trees in my front lawn off and blew it across my driveway.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some serious wind you have there, Joel.

80 degrees! that's crazy. The high was lower than that on friday here. It's really strange, cause there's certain things here that cue the body to think it's fall, (some quality of the sunlight, shorter days, a briskness to the air) but it's still warm, there's no leaves crunching underfoot, and brian is always asking me to go get him hard cider. So, it's like half of autumn, really.

Brian said...

Your markup is all mangled and your font is too small. Why is it different? What's up with this seminary wasting time with useless poetry? I want some hard cider. Respond immediately.

Unknown said...

I don't know, I think the markup was screwy because I had cut and pasted the text from DOS-EDIT. I think it's fixed now though.

Hey Brian, I finally got to a section in one of my text books on the use of the OT in the NT. I'll post about it next time. Perhaps.

Brian said...

Communist!